The Certificate in Foundational Conflict Management and Mediation training consists of 5 days (40 hours) of foundational skills training in the following areas:
- Conflict Resolution
- Ethics for the conflict practitioner
- Interest-Based Mediation
This workshop is given in formats of either 5 consecutive days, or in combined 2- and 3-day sessions.
The 80-hour and 120-hour Certificates in Conflict Management and Advanced Conflict Management are awarded upon completion of our 40-hour Certificate in Foundational Conflict Resolution and Mediation, or an equivalent, and an additional 5 days (40 hours) or 10 days (80 hours) of specialized and advanced training in various elective areas.
Current specialty-area workshops (some require as a prerequisite our 40-hour Foundational Conflict Resolution and Mediation Certificate, or its equivalent) currently being offered, include:
- Foundational Conflict Management & Mediation (5 days
- Advanced and Multi-Party Mediation (5 days)
- Arbitration (5 days)
- Med-arbitration (2 days)
- Multi party Negotiation and Conflict Management (2 days)
- Negotiating for Success (2 or 3 days)
- Indigenous Consultation and Negotiation
- Conflict Management in Urban and Municipal Planning Processes
- Condominium Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution
- Conflict Management in a Diverse and Multi-Cultural Society
- Tech-Based Conflict Management (1 day)
Completion of the 80-hour Certificate in Conflict Management satisfies the educational requirements towards the Qualified Mediator (Q Med) designation from the ADR Institute of Ontario, and the Chartered Mediation designation from the ADR Institute of Canada.